Install Location

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:24 PM

How can I change where Snoop installs to? I don't want it on my C:\ drive and it doesn't give me an option to change during the install.

Thanks,

R

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2010 at 2:06 PM

The installer currently doesn't support that ... however ... there is no reason you can't move it manually after you install ...

I will add this to the list of things to do. An obvious suggestion, it is! I'm not an WiX installer expert ... otherwise I would just crack it out right now. :-)

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Dec 15, 2010 at 2:21 PM
cplotts wrote:

The installer currently doesn't support that ... however ... there is no reason you can't move it manually after you install ...

I will add this to the list of things to do. An obvious suggestion, it is! I'm not an WiX installer expert ... otherwise I would just crack it out right now. :-)

I assume then that it's simply copying the files there and that there's no registry shenanigans going on then, correct?

Because it's not that big of a deal then!

Thanks,

R

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2010 at 2:26 PM

There are no registry shenanigans. You might have to fix up a shortcut or two ... but that's it!

Still it is a good suggestion ... every other installer in the world does it!