Snoop 2010

Jan 5, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Hi there,

Everybody knows that VS 2010 was written in WPF. Okay, I want to inspect the UI of VS 2010 with Snoop. I've already tested Snoop with other WPF based application. This works well. Whatever, it does not work with VS 2010. Very strange. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance

-int

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Wow, I'm speaking to int? Like as in integer? You're famous! Can I get your autograph?

Ha. Bad humor, I'm sorry.

Snoop does work with Visual Studio 2010. Earlier versions of it ... specifically filtered it (devenv.exe) out of the app chooser list, however. So, make sure you have a current version of Snoop ... or download the source code and build the latest yourself.

Also, please note that Visual Studio 2010 is a mixed mode application. That is, not everything is built with WPF.

Jan 5, 2011 at 8:31 PM

int - yeah! Thanks. :)

Very strange. In the normal version, it does not work. I've downloaded the original and last source code. Afther compiling, it works! Great!

Can you tell my why it does not work with the installer version?

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2011 at 2:48 AM

Hmmm. It should work with 2.6.0 ... is that what you installed?

I will try this tomorrow at work.

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Gotcha! I've downloaded Snoop here: http://blois.us/Snoop/. That is the reason why it doesn't work with VS 2010. My mistake. Now it works well. ;)

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Good to hear ... and make sure you let your cousin, long, know too.