Using snoop on 64bit .NET 4

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:11 PM

HI

Can anybody make available to me a snoop build that includes the source code changes since at  least changeset# 59979? My .NET 4 apps are not showing and I'm restricted from byulding the code myself. I've been a long time snoop user and I don't think I can wait for the next offical drop.

Big thanks if you can

Bryan

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I am happy to do so. Where can I send it?

You also bring up a good point ... maybe the .NET 4 troubles ... are worth a release. Hmmm.

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2011 at 7:19 PM

I tried to contact you via your CodePlex profile ... but you have the 'do not contact me' option set. If you give me an email address ... I'll send it. My email is my first name followed by my last name at gmail.com.

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Ok, I just cracked out a quick minor release for you: http://snoopwpf.codeplex.com/releases/view/49037

Enjoy!

And please let me know if that fixes the problem where your .NET 4 applications aren't showing up ...

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Diamond!

Thanks very much.And I'll let you know tomorrow

Bryan

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:02 AM

I'm afraid applications still aren't appearing in the list of applications.

I'm using a standard Windows 7 64bit Professional and VS2010 professional targeting .NET4. Nothing exotic. If it helps

Bryan

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Bryan,

Maybe it is a simple matter where you have a mismatch of security levels ... are you running either Snoop or VS 2010 in elevated mode? If so, make sure that you run the one that is not ... as Administrator.

That is ... Snoop due to security reasons ... can not Snoop applications that are running as Administrator ... if Snoop is not running as Administrator itself.

I bet this is your problem ... again, let me know if it is.

Cory

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Cory

You're spot on, by evening out the permissions, I was able to see and open the application.

Thanks for all the help again

Bryan

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Glad to hear it ... I was starting to get scared that there was yet another WPF 4.0 issue lurking around.

Thanks for sparking me to release ... it was long overdue.