Copy/Backup Filter Sets

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:02 AM

I've noticed that when I edit filter sets they are only persisted against that snooped application.  I'd like to be able to copy the sets to other applications, or edit some master (default) filter sets so that my changes are applied for all snooped applications.

Where are these filter sets stored so I can at least do this manually?

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Zodman,

I just noticed this post ... sorry for the late reply. I haven't had much free time lately.

Yesterday, I responded to a fellow ... where his main Snoop UI was showing up 1 pixel high. In that post, I give some information that answers your question.

And, yes, this is an area that I wish to refactor at some point. When I first implemented user settings, I had no idea that injecting into the Snooped process would complicate user settings ... but it does.

Glad to see that you're using filter sets ... I know @volleynerd will appreciate knowing that (he wrote it).

Cory

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Here is a direct link the post I mention above: http://snoopwpf.codeplex.com/discussions/287272

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Hi Cory,

Sorry for –my- late reply. Without a portable device I don’t get around to reading my personal email very often!

Just wanted to tell you this works great and does what I want. Being able to edit the filtersets is crucial for me; please thank volleynerd!

If you ever get to refactor this area, I’d recommend having a master set of filter sets as well as updated filter sets for individual applications.

Thanks heaps. I wish I could spend some time of my own to help out as I use Snoop almost daily.

Cheers,

Carl.

Sent: Wednesday, 25 January 2012 11:43 PM
To: carl.orion.scarlett@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Copy/Backup Filter Sets [snoopwpf:282085]

Zodman,

I just noticed this post ... sorry for the late reply. I haven't had much free time lately.

Yesterday, I responded to a fellow ... where his main Snoop UI was showing up 1 pixel high. In that post, I give some information that answers your question.

And, yes, this is an area that I wish to refactor at some point. When I first implemented user settings, I had no idea that injecting into the Snooped process would complicate user settings ... but it does.

Glad to see that you're using filter sets ... I know @volleynerd will appreciate knowing that (he wrote it).

Cory