Can't Snoop

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I can't seem to get Snoop to see into my WPF app since I moved to VS 2012.

From the troubleshooting steps, I get the injected message in snooplog.txt.

In the output log, I see a load for ManagedInjector32-4.0.dll, but no other activity shows up there.

I tried checking off the CommonLanguageRuntime exception thrown box in debug options, but that doesn't do anything either.

Not sure what to do next to get this to work.

Developer
Oct 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Hi MdDale,

It seems like you read the troubleshooting instructions, which is great. I think there is something else you can try that was not put into the instructions. In the visual studio instance that's debugging your app being snooped, go to Tools->Options. Click on "Debugging", and uncheck the check box for "Enable Just My Code (Managed Only)". Try that along with everything else that you did. Let us know how that goes.

- Maciek

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

OK.  That got me the info I needed...

It didn't seem to like entries I had in app.config for system.diagnostics so I commented those out.

Now it complains about not being able to load snoop.xmlserializers, but if I ignore that exception, I can Snoop again.

Thanks for the help.

-Dale

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Glad to hear you got it working.

Those Snoop.XmlSerializer exceptions are not really errors at all. Microsoft used some exceptions for normal processing. Go to this link for more info.