Changing properties via Snoop - sometime works, sometimes not

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Sometimes, editing a property via the Snoop GUI will immediately change the target elements property and sometimes not.

Can anyone suggest why this would be?

I have two identical elements (lines) on a canvas and am able to manipulate the ones stroke brush but not the others.

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Odd.

Does the app being Snooped ... somehow stop that second property from changing ... by reverting the value back to what it was?

Does target property ever change? That is, can you get it to change after a few tries?

Is the second element (that doesn't change) in a dialog? We have discovered that Snoop works best if you Snoop (inject) after you bring up the dialog ... if you don't do it in that order, sometimes is seems as if the Snoop message pump is locked to the app's message pump ... which is halted due to the dialog that is up ... and therefore you can't even type. It doesn't seem like this is your case but I thought I would still mention it.

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:04 AM

It is odd - not sure what I'm missing

It's not a dialog. It's a canvas that can be resized with two lines in it. What's interesting is that when I resize, the line that refuses to change its properties does change!

1 - I snoop on the canvas

2 - I change properties on line1 and they change immediately. 

3 - I change properties on line2 and nothing happens.

4 - I resize the canvas and the changes on line2 show up!

There is no reverting happening from the app. I am unable to attach a sample project due to the data sensitivity and am unable to reproduce a simple example.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.