Snoop Tray? - Feature request

Mar 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I would love to see Snoop provide a drop-able tray icon that will mimic the snoop crosshairs. I have 4 monitors and the application is sometimes very hard to find on my screens. Would any one else find this useful.
Developer
Apr 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Hi Jared,

While the snoop tray isn't specifically in the works, there is another feature being investigated that will probably solve your problem. It's the Snoop Addin. After debugging your WPF application using Visual Studio, you would simply go to the tools menu, and choose "Snoop Application" and it will immediately Snoop the currently debugged application.

This addin would also allow for keyboard shortcuts so after starting your application, you would simply press "CTRL + Shift + Z" (or another shortcut we can think of that's available), and it would immediately start Snooping the current application.

If you are interested in this experimental feature, let us know and we can upload it here for you to test. Testing would also be appreciated.

Maciek
Apr 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Maciek,
I'll give it a try. I don't usually use Snoop when I'm debugging. I feel I benefit most from the tool when I am able to set run-time values (mostly to layouts and visibility, etc.) and modify the applications' xaml while my app is running.
Developer
Apr 2, 2013 at 12:45 AM
I see. So in your case, you use Snoop when you're running the stand along executable, so the add-in probably wouldn't help much. Some people requested keyboard shortcuts, so the add-in would help in that case. Most people I know tend to use Snoop mainly to see the visual tree as well as to view the properties on the view/viewmodel during runtime without having to break into the debugger