What happened to my Snoop????

Mar 18, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Moved to a new machine, had to reinstall Snoop. Not only has the initial UI changed, but it is now not working.

The older version allowed me to drag a crosshair to my app, which always worked. This new version has a "list" of running WPF apps. I put "list" in quotes because NOT ONLY does it not find my app, BUT ALSO the only app it finds is... iisexpress. Well, that's a big snotball of fail.

Seriously, what happened to my Snoop?
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Sounds like you might have installed the wrong version ... the current version still has the crosshairs.
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Just downloaded and installed 2.8.0 from the front page. Is that not the correct version? I mean, that the link points to?
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Okay, I went to the downloads page, grabbed the zip file, and I GOT MY SNOOP BACK YAY!

Which leads me to ask... What the heck happened? Is the MSI bad?
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:32 PM
That should be the correct link ... the current version does have the crosshairs functionality. So, if you aren't seeing the crosshairs ... something is wrong.
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Okay, figured out what happened. Long story short, I'm an idiot. Moved lots of files over to the new machine, and one of those was a long-old version of Snoop. Like 2008 old. Somehow my shortcut was pointing to that version and not the installed one. Wow, that was really really dumb. Please, carry on.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:36 PM
I just installed the .msi myself. Everything looks good to me.

Don't what happened for you. Maybe you accidentally installed an old version ... that is possible from the Downloads page.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Ha ... well good ... glad you got your Snoop back. I never like being without it.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM
I'm sorry that turtleneck picture of you with your cat is hi-larious!
Mar 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but that's not me. And I'm not that lonely. Just a profile filler :)
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Figured so. Still damn funny.