Any known issues on .Net 4?

Feb 10, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Hi,

I just tried downloading the sources & building in the VS2010 RC. I had to comment out all the WINDOWPLACEMENT stuff (not sure if/how that ever worked), but otherwise it seems at first glance to work just fine against a .Net 4 application that we're developing (also build with the VS2010 RC).

Do you know of any problems (I've no idea how the C++ bit works, for example), or is this all I need to do?

If you need any help fixing anything, we should probably be able to lend a bit of a hand. It was a bit of a shock to lose Snoop when we switched to .Net 4!

James Chaldecott

Feb 10, 2010 at 1:24 PM

BTW, I realised that the WINDOWPLACEMENT problem appeared to just be a case of VS2010 altering the settings class to have string properties instead of WINDOWPLACEMENT ones. That was an easy fix.

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Hi James,

Yes, all I really had to do for .NET 4.0/WPF 4.0 was recompile and fix the WINDOWPLACEMENT stuff. I'm not aware of anything else.

I wanted to get it checked in to CodePlex first, so I could branch for WPF 4.0 ... such that any fixes I made for WPF 3.5 would be easy to merge for WPF 4.0.

I'll definitely keep you in mind once we start opening the project to others and their contributions.

Cory