Using Snoop on an Outlook Add-In

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I currently have an addin running inside of Outlook 2007 that is a WPF 3.5 application. When I try to Snoop the application I get the error: 

"Can't find a current application, main window, or non-null PresentationSource root visual".

I know this is the error message you get when you're trying to view a 4.0 WPF application using Snoop for WPF 3.5, but I my application is using WPF 3.5.

My guess is that Snoop wasn't designed to work under these circumstances, so my question is whether you plan adding support for this in the future?

Thanks for a great product, either way.

Apr 15, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Hmm. I have never tried that. I would encourage downloading the code and trying to figure out why it doesn't work.

I don't know much about Outlook 2007's implementation details, but I wonder if it is a native application (Win32). Another fellow was having problems with a C++ (MFC) application that was hosting WPF and I speculate it might be the same problem.

I would love to be able to handle all interop scenarios (if I could) ... unfortunately, this isn't the highest thing on the list right now. Let me know if you dive in and get it tackled.