Snoop snoops on itself rather than expected app

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I have a .NET 4.0 WPF application that I am trying to snoop upon, however when I select it from the drop-down list or use the crosshair selection the resulting magnifier/snoop dialogue seems to show the SnoopUI rather than my application; i.e. snoop is snooping on itself! Has anyone else encountered this? I've had a quick search through the discussions but couldn't find any similar issue, I've tried running as administrator, etc, same result.

Using v2.7.0

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Hi Alex,

Have you tried to press CTRL + Shift over the window you want to snoop? I got this once before, but I was able to snoop the correct window by simply pressing CTRL + Shift over the window I want to Snoop. If you get a chance to try, let me know what happens.

- Maciek

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I see the same behavior. It doesn't matter whether I select my app in the drop down menu or I use the crosshair. Snoop keeps hooking itself...

Hitting Ctrl+Shift has no effect.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Is it possible to send a sample application which illustrates the issue?

You could create an issue in the Issue Tracker and from there attach the sample project.

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:09 PM

I'm on my way to China, but I'll try take a look at making a repro of this when I get back. I've noticed that if I use the crosshair to select my app, I can at least get the control events to print in Snoop, and from there I can drill into the actual control hierarchy.

Mar 4, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Got the same and using CTRL + Shift solve it.